Somethings in life go unspoken even among the best of friends. Some say leave the past and move ahead. I think as one goes up the hill, he should learn lessons while observing things around this climb in the life to reach the pinnacle of success. I like to pen these instances down so that tomorrow someday I can take a walk down the memory lane. Sounds cliched na? But thats me. A weird crazy fellow trying to set myself up in life. Welcome to my Memory Lane.

Friday, December 31, 2010

An Interesting Eight Year Old and a 30-min Journey


The other day I met this kid, Rishi traveling in the train with his dad. He was sitting on my lap and his dad was a little distance away. I started speaking to him, asked him his age and school and his ambition and also about his new year plans. Then I asked him to tell me some of his new year resolutions. He was a little confused at first as he dint know what are new year resolutions so I explained to him about his plans for the new year about behaving like a good boy and etc ete. For the next 30 mins till Malad he went on telling me about his plans for 2011.

Rishi     : First Bhaiya, I want to be a good boy. My mom shouts at me when I misbehave  (*becomes sad*) but then I make a Sorry greeting for her and she forgets everything. Now drawing and painting will get boring na?

Me       : why re?

Rishi     : Arre didi tells me only kids do drawing and painting. Next year I will be 9 (smiles proudly) so I ll behave a ‘little’betterso I ll have to make less cards.

Me       : Ok.. that’s interesting.. what next?

Rishi     : I ll talk less in class, wont pull Meghna’s hair (I m *surprised*) and wont eat other’s Tiffin. Priya miss gives me negative remarks (sad again)

Me       :But why do you do mischief?

Rishi     :arre majja atta hai bhaiya, tum nahi samjoge!

Me       :Achaaa theek hai.. why do u trouble Meghna and eat others tiffin?

Rishi     :Simple na bhaiya, others get paav bhaji and dosa and I take morning theplas and aachar! (sad again) and Meghna (smiles), she is my best friend.

(others in the train start smiling at him)

Rishi     :Bad boys..! Friend only! Meghna cannot be my girl friend she is two inches taller than me.

(everyone is embarrassed and amused)

 Me      :Okkkkk… What else?

Rishi     :I ll come second in class this unit test in January and submit my worksheets on time

Me       :Huh? Why second? And not first?

Rishi     :Meghna is very smart. I think she copies during exam. Bhaiya how can u get full marks in each paper then? I get full marks in science, history and maths and geography.

Me       :That’s very good. What rank do you get?

Rishi     :Second only bhaiya.

Me       :Then whats so great about your resolution?

Rishi     :Maintain karma difficult hai bhaiya.. class mein competition bahot hai. Voh Patel addha mark peeche hai total mein

Me       :Hmmm… Correct..

And many more things he told me about life, but then this was the last and the best one…

Rishi     :And I want to keep only one girlfriend.

I along with others  are surprised cause he is just 8.

Me       :Only one as in?

Rishi     :Arre bhaiya, in class my teacher and other girls love my curly hair.. they keep staring only.. then one day I have my tiffin with some girl and the other day with some girl.. Meghna gets very angry… she is jealous I think..

Me       :Ok Rishi.. it was fun and interesting meeting you.. Bye happy New year.

Rishi     :Stay in touch Bhaiya. I ll add you on facebook. I have 18 friends only.. L

I was not only shocked but happy that I ll be in touch but he hasn’t yet sent me a request.. he mite have just forgotten cause like me he might be having many more fans of his curly hair, cute smile and humorous straight forward talk.

i got the knowledge of going around in the 8th grade. i  got my FB profile in the 11th grade. And here we this 8 year old has lived life faster than.. I really adored him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Indiblogger Rank

Blogadda :)

About Me

My photo
Something you wont expect out of my cover! :P

Followers